Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


Today is Election day!!!

I wanted to teach the kids what election day is and why we have it. So all day we did things that related to electing our President.

I found a video on YouTube called Electing a US President in Plain English which was very informative. It was also very kid friendly and it explained it on their level.

Then I found a map of the US and an Electoral Tracking sheet on Daze of Adventure's blog.

I gave each kid a red and blue color crayon and we turned on the news and colored in our states as they were announced.


Now as we all know not all the states report right away so I recorded the news and we went over the rest the next morning.

Honestly I learned a lot by doing this with the kids. It was a lot of fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment