Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Milk Crate Centers


So we are trying this new system that I have made up. I was feeling very overwhelmed teaching four different grade levels in one day. So now I am doing it in style.

Every morning when the kids wake up they have a clipboard with their agenda sheet waiting for them on it. It reminds them of their morning chores and it has their goals of what I want to see them accomplish in school that day. Plus there is a reading log on each of their clipboards.

Everyday we have 4 centers. Math, Reading, Spelling, and ?. 


 The ? crate will hold something different everyday. Last week I had one of the girls bake a cake for her ? crate. Today they are going to finish putting together their AWANA’s Grand Prix cars. It is not always a craft sometimes I have them write letters or make up a story.

So far it has worked very well. The kids love waking up and knowing what is going to happen that day. Their attitudes also have improved tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment